Friday, May 18, 2012

Booty: Get Yar Diploma!

How many times have you said to yourself “If only I had a degree, everything would fall into place; in particular, a degree in pirateology”? Probably never. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t follow that dream.


Thanks to Pat Croche's Pirate and Treasure Museum, you can now attend Joseph O’Steene’s Pirate University and graduate with what I might venture to call your BB (Bachelor of Buccaneering).

Courses included cover subjects ranging from nautical terms to sea shanties. You can even work toward your Master of Piracy Degree. Seriously, who do you know that holds an MPD?

If you’re that studious type of pirate, click over and find out what awaits. Please let me know if you graduate; I’d love to count a professor of pirateology among the Brethren. On the other hand, if you’re too busy at the hard knocks school of plunderin’, drinkin’ and wenchin’, just follow the St. Augustine pirates on Twitter for curious lore and facts about our freebooting ancestors.

Either way, happy Friday one and all. I’ll spy ye tomorrow for Sailor Mouth Saturday!

Header: St. Augustine Pirate University banner from their website

5 comments:

Capitán Boone said...

Damm my eyes, I used to think that the only think a gentlemen of fortune needed to become one of the Brethren was to hoist a jolly roger and declare war to the world

Timmy! said...

Ahoy, Pauline! Happy Friday! I'll stick to the hard knocks school myself, but I was wondering if you get that Master of Piracy Degree are you a "Master of Pirates"?

Pauline said...

Captain Boone: I believe that is still the case mate; formal education is a bit of a lubberly pursuit if we're all honest.

Timmy!: Let's just say you are and make it so.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Wow!! This is so cool :-) Thankee, Pauline, I'm hooked already! (Reckon I'm the studious type ;-) haha!

Pauline said...

That's awesome, Wally; of course you'll breeze through it. Let me know how it goes as I'm seriously considering the course myself :)