Friday, November 5, 2010

Booty: Master Of My Fate

Anyone who has given Triple P even a passing glance knows my love for all things Aubrey and Maturin. Patrick O’Brian’s books inspire me on so many levels; in my opinion, no better seafaring novels have ever been written. Of course, the Brethren are fully aware of my other love, the movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. It’s O’Brian first, historically accurate (for the most part) second and then there’s Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany in all the spender of Royal Navy regalia. I need a moment.

OK; I’m back. What many may not be aware of is my virtually life long love of fishing. My Dad, a sailor through and through, used to take us out as kids on a regular basis. The family motor boat was fine for my brother but a real deep sea fishing trip would put him out for the weekend. To my Dad’s surprise, it didn’t bother me in the least and I became – along with my maternal Grandfather – his “fishin’ buddy”. I wasn’t keen on baiting or gutting but I could stand around for hours with a line in the water and call it a good time. Because it was.


So just imagine my delight when the first mate sent me this:Yes; it's Master Bait and Tackle and it is as if all my joy has combined in one inviting looking bait shop. Plus there are private charters, equipment, tee shirts, hats, ice and licenses. It is literally a one stop shop. And that beater hanging in the window is calling my name. Now I just need to find out where this place is…

Happy Friday, Brethren. Tomorrow is Sailor Mouth Saturday once again.

3 comments:

Charles L. Wallace said...

Why, it is in Bonita Beach, Florida, and can be found online at masterbaitonline.com.

Truly, I couldn't make this up any better.... ;-) hahaha! Apparently, it's famous! Reknowned, even.

Timmy! said...

Ahoy, Pauline! It's in Bonita FL. They have a website at:

http://masterbaitonline.com/

I am not making that up and no, it's not one of THOSE websites... They do have an on-line store, so let me know what you want. They even have long sleeve t-shirts and sweatshirts (perfect for Alaska) with several humorous and "provocative" slogans.

Christmas is coming, Pirate Queen.

Pauline said...

Ahoy Timmy and Charles! See; I should have just asked before I posted. Duh!

M B & T; I just love that!