Friday, September 10, 2010

Booty: Pretty Pirate Pictures Part III

As unbelievable as it may seem, Brethren, Triple P has not offered up a gaggle of pretty ladies in seafaring situations since June. That's right; it has actually been three months. Time flies. So here, once again, are a few of my favorites from the inimitable Gil Elvgren who, to my mind, has more longevity (and a better sense of humor) than Vargas ever thought of. First is the lady above in a piece entitled "Short On Sail". Ahem; among other things.
Next this young lady who, in all fairness, is only remotely nautical. But then we all know pirates love parrots, right? And parrots love crackers. Finally my very favorite: "Buried Treasure":
I've nothing more to add. Pop over to the Elvgren pinup archives for more of the same. It is unquestionably a tremendous way to spend time on the web. Let me know if you find a particular favorite you've not seen here. I'll feature her in a future Triple P Booty post.
I will be at the Alaska Writers' Guild conference all weekend so Sailor Mouth Saturday will be up either ridiculously early or woefully late and Seafaring Sunday will have to wait until the 19th. Have a great weekend and I'll spy ye in the week ahead.

4 comments:

Timmy! said...

Ahoy, Pauline! Ya gotta love the pin-up girls (I likes me the booty)... and the Gil Elvgren site is awesome. You probably can't feature most of my favorites due to the naked breasts and such...

"I would like one with big boobs, please."

Happy Friday and I hope you have fun at the Alaska Writers' Guild conference this weekend, Pirate Queen.

Pauline said...

Ahoy, Timmy! No, we do not do realistically depicted breasts here at Triple P; dang!

Hope to enjoy the AWG conference. Usually, though, these things are like college "101" courses. You will learn something without a doubt and you will be able to improve after the experience, but sitting through some of it is challenging... :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Yarr, and ye DO look good in stripes, Pauline :-)

Pauline said...

Ahoy, Charles, and thankee indeed! That's one of those pictures from my brief stint on "Next Top Model" cycle 1. Ah, memories.